Saturday, July 12, 2008

Just Starting

We are two sisters who often come up with fun and unrealistic projects. Over the years we have tried to write a novel, start a band, cake decorate, sew clothes, illustrate a children's story book, incorporate photo shoots into our everyday life, and other crazy things.Our most recent endeavor is creating a comic. At first, we decided to make it a web comic based on a short story Laura wrote. But the characters and the story were hard to work with. And very cliche. BUT we (unusually) were not discouraged! We scrapped it and went back to the drawing board. Now the story is much improved and we actually have a few good starter designs and characters. Sooooo! We introduce the crew of the Nestarican to the world!
*bow* -Candice


Hey there! Yep, you're going to have to live with the overly wordy-ness of two girls. This comic started rather spontaneously. I was in a science class, listening to a *ahem* very intriguing lecture, and doodled a rough draft of Shelty for entertainment. I wrote down some brainstorm stuff and for the rest of the day (and ever afterward), I was scribbling like mad. My teachers, I'm sure, were rather irritated. =P I finished the script a while ago, and have been toiling and shuffling through revisions ever since. There are 6 main characters (a lot, I know!) who act as our unlikely and rather befuddled heroes. Poor things. I really do put them through the most abominable circumstances. And of course, you need good villains as well. For this, 4 sophisticated (and not so sophisticated) characters have volunteered. This story should be classified as "futuristic", but that just reeks of blue speckled aliens and bad lighting. Rest assured, there are no aliens here. But many guns, swords, explosives, cool technology, and complicated social-political relations. Hope you enjoy! There is a deviantart account just for the comic. The username is Nestaricancrew. There, you can find some character sketches and updates. -Laura
http://nestaricancrew.deviantart.com

About us:
Candice:
I guess you could call me the "artist". But please use the title sparingly...it's a little intimidating. I draw and paint and splatter and doodle and scribble and some people think it looks good. I could argue otherwise, but I like to do it, so I don't.
I'm 18, shy, and currently not studying anything except the real life. All in all, I'm a really normal person.
My favorite character is Jerev. And second comes the Ultarian Prime Minister. I LOVE that villian. But my favorite person to draw is Pepper.
My blog: http://lifeslumps.blogspot.com
My art: http://thelumpy.deviantart.com

Laura:
Er...herm. I'm supposedly the Author. This is only the 3rd time I've actually finished any author-like endeavors, so you can assume that sunbeams are comin' out of my ears. I'm 13, going into 9th grade in a couple of weeks (eek!) and I don't really know if I'm shy or outgoing, or what. =\ I love singing, good music,movies, plays, books, and horses. Yes, I know the horses thing is "so nine-yr old...", but I haven't outgrown it yet...I hope I never do! I offically became a comic/anime nerd a couple of months ago, and my bookmarks list has been bombarded ever since. I'd say that I'm rather odd, but even normal people say that, so I guess you'd just have to know me to understand. My favorite character...hermmm...I can't pick one! My favorite villain is definitly Athalia. What can I say? Lady villians are just plain cool.

No comments: